Selasa, 11 September 2018

Whole30 Breakfast Hash Browns

kode iklan
kode iklan



To make no egg Whole30 Breakfast Hash Browns without using a ton of starch actually is quite easy thanks to America’s Test Kitchen. I was inspired by an article from the magazine making better hash browns so I thought it’d be nice if I can borrow parts of the techniques and make my Whole30 breakfast hash with no eggs.

It took a few trial and error but nothing complicated. It turns out shredded potatoes once cooked release more starch and we can use that starch for binding. I also deployed the technique of soaking the shredded potatoes in a salt water bath to keep them from turning pinkish brown color. The same method I’ve seen my mom did for diced apples – soaking them in a lightly salted water to prevent the fruit from turning yellow-brown color.

Ingredients

  1. 10-12 oz. zucchini
  2. 5-6 oz. carrot
  3. 10-12 oz. yukon gold or russet potato
  4. 1 tsp + 2 tsp coarse salt
  5. ............................................
  6. ...................................................
full recipe : iheartumami.com



kode iklan