Jumat, 21 September 2018

Vegan Garlic Alfredo Sauce

kode iklan
kode iklan



One of most people's indulgent comfort foods is alfredo sauce. I admit, I used to love it too, but I didn't love how after just a few bites, I felt sick. There is such a thing as foods being too rich. Feeling nauseated and in a nasty food coma for hours after eating something isn't really worth it to me.

Traditional garlic alfredo sauce has butter, milk, cream, parmesan cheese (or other cheeses) and garlic in it. Major dairy overload! Bloated, icky feeling. It also does not have onion in it. However, I wanted to give my alfredo sauce that slightly, sweet richness typically reached by cream and butter, so I added cooked onions, lots of them. But don't worry, it does not taste like onion sauce...it just gives it lots of flavor and cuts down on all the extra ingredients you typically see in vegan recipes.

INGREDIENTS

  1. 1 medium white onion, chopped (MAKE SURE to measure out 1 1/2 cups (200g b/c this is where lots of flavor comes)
  2. 1-2 cups low sodium vegetable broth, separated (240-480 mL)
  3. 1/2 teaspoon (3g) fine sea salt
  4. 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  5. .................................................................
  6. ...................................................................
full recipe : thevegan8.com



kode iklan