Senin, 17 September 2018

DARK CHOCOLATE MUD CAKE RECIPE

kode iklan
kode iklan



When I first started cake decorating, I wanted to find a chocolate mud cake that was easy to bake but above all, delicious. Well, this recipe from Best Recipes was the first chocolate mud cake I came across and it’s an absolute winner! I’ve tried a few other popular recipes and I keep coming back to this one time and time again. Jessica Harris from the wonderful blog Jessica Harris Cake Design also loves this recipe and wrote a great post about it here.

Mud cakes are cooked low and slow – the oven temperature is much lower than a typical sponge cake and they’re cooked over a few hours. They have a tight crumb making them quite dense and that makes them ideal for carving. The mud cake is popular in Australia and the cake of choice for many decorators. They can be baked ahead and actually improve in taste and texture over a few days. I find this recipe reaches it’s “sweet spot” at about day 3 or 4. So for a weekend party, I’ll bake the cake on Tuesday or Wednesday. If you’d like to get ahead with the cake and bake it earlier and freeze the cake, you can do that too.

Ingredients

  1. 250 grams Unsalted butter chopped
  2. 200 grams Dark chocolate pieces
  3. 2 cups Caster sugar
  4. 1 1/3 cups water
  5. ................................
  6. .....................................



kode iklan