Rabu, 02 Januari 2019

Swedish Apple Pie (gluten-free, vegan, whole grain, dairy-free)

kode iklan
kode iklan



Most Swedish fruit pies I’ve had didn’t have any spice but because I’m me, I added cinnamon and cardamom. Scandinavians love their cardamom and so do I! It just belongs in this pie.

I’ve mentioned this before, but I was an exchange student twice in Sweden and have gone back for lots of visits during the summer. This has resulted in me eating lots of Swedish pies.


Ingredients

For the apples:

  • 4 cups firm baking apples, peeled, cored and chopped to 1/4" chunks (this was about 4 medium apples or 492 grams of chopped apples)
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
  • 1 tablespoon raw sugar or granulated sugar



For the topping:
  • 9 tablespoons (126 grams) coconut oil, melted
  • 1/2 cup (100 grams) raw sugar or granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) maple syrup
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 cups (113 grams) rolled oats (use gluten-free oats, if necessary)
  • 3/4 cup + 1 1/2 tablespoons (78 grams) oat flour (use gluten-free oat flour, if necessary)
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

For the vanilla sauce:
  • click here for the → paleo vegan vanilla sauce or see the recipe in the notes section below for a non-vegan vanilla sauce1

Directions

For the pie:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C) and grease a 9" pie pan.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the apple chunks, cinnamon, cardamom and sugar
  3. ................
  4. ......................... 









kode iklan