Selasa, 14 Agustus 2018

Fish Stew

kode iklan
kode iklan


 



Growing up in Brazil, Fish Stew (known as Moqueca) was always a hot item on the menu. Each family would add their own touch but overall the dish consisted of white fish cooked in a delicious and flavorful broth, with or without spices but always with coconut milk as a base and fragrant palm oil.



Nowadays I continue to make fish stew a tradition for my family. But as the years have passed, I’ve settled for more approachable terms when it comes to making fish stew, such as using fresh wild cod instead of salted cod which required a day long of soaking to de-salt the fish. Additionally I’ve adapted my recipe without the use palm oil due to the shameful practices around the sourcing of such delicacy.



On the other hand I found that the recipe still needed a bonding ingredient to tie all the flavors together and add the perfect touch to the dish.



The final product came to fruition with the addition of sour cream. I always cook with high quality ingredients so that is why I chose Hood® Sour Cream, a trusted name for generations of New England families. It really elevated my recipe, creating the most amazing combination of flavors and richness that was tastier than ever!



Ingredients

  1.    2 tbsp olive oil
  2.   1/2 whole white onion, diced
  3. 2 cloves garlic, minced
  4.  1 1/2 lb wild cod
  5. 15 oz can diced tomato
  6.  1/2 cup coconut milk
  7. 1/2 cup Hood Sour Cream
  8.    ....................................................
  9.    ..........................................................



kode iklan