Senin, 03 Desember 2018

VEGAN GINGER CHEESECAKES (OIL-FREE)

kode iklan
kode iklan



When it comes to my previous attempts, there were a few issues at play. I do not own a Vitamix or an equally powerful blender so in order to get my cashews blended super smooth, I had to add quite a lot of liquid to them. Normally, this could be remedied by using coconut oil as part of that liquid, which solidifies in cold temperatures giving a cheesecake its texture, but I was not terribly keen on this idea.

As it often happens, just as I was at the point of abandoning the cheesecake mission altogether, I had a true light bulb moment. What if I was to dissolve a small amount of agar agar flakes (vegan gelatine) in the liquid that I use to blend the cashews with? Surely, this will coax my very average blender into giving me a silky smooth cheesecake mixture and help my cheesecake set without any need for oil.

INGREDIENTS

CHEESECAKE BASE
  • 12 dates, pitted and soaked in boiling water
  • two pinches of salt (optional)
  • about ¾ cup / 100 g almonds

CHEESECAKE
  • 1 cup / 150 g raw cashews (soaked overnight)
  • ½ cup OR 120 ml coconut cream, chilled
  • 3½ level tsp agar agar flakes*
  • 1-1½ tsp finely grated ginger
  • 4 tbsp lemon juice, more to taste
  • 4 tbsp maple syrup, more to taste
  • ½ cup water OR aquafaba*

DECORATION (optional)
  • chocolate shavings
  • 30 g candied ginger, cut into a small dice

METHOD

  1. Cut out 8 circles out of baking paper to cover the bottom of the mould you are going to use for the cheesecakes (I used a standard 12-hole muffin tin). Line the bottoms of the mould with paper circles. I recommend you also place a 1 inch / 2 cm wide paper strip under each cheesecake base as it will make removing these puppies much easier.
  2. ......................................................................................................................
  3. ..............................................................................................................................
full recipe : www.lazycatkitchen.com







kode iklan