Sabtu, 29 Desember 2018

KOLACHY COOKIES

kode iklan
kode iklan



They can be filled with all kinds of things. Carrie and I used apricot preserves, which was good, but apricots are definitely not my favorite. You can use nuts, poppyseed, or any preserve you like. When I told my Dad that I had a great recipe for these thanks to Carrie, he requested a batch made with pineapple and cream cheese. I ran out of cream cheese halfway through, so switched to red raspberry preserves, and I think they both turned out great!

This is a very light dough, very pastry like, and they bake up so light and flaky. Except for the rolling out part, these are a cinch to make and the dough only requires 4 ingredients. I am glad I tried these this year and will definitely be adding them to my Christmas Cookie repertoire for future years!

Ingredients

  • 2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
  • 8 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
  • 2 1/4 cups flour
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • Filling:
  • 4 oz. cream cheese softened
  • 2 tbsp. powdered sugar plus more for dusting
  • 1 can crushed pineapple drained very well
  • or whatever you like!


Instructions

  1. Cream together butter and cream cheese, until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
  2. Slowly add in the flour and salt, mixing until incorporated. Roll dough into two balls and covered with plastic wrap. Chill for at least two hours.
  3. Remove from fridge and preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with silpats or parchment paper.Prepare filling by mixing the powdered sugar with the cream cheese.
  4. ......................................................................................................................
  5. ..............................................................................................................................



kode iklan