Sabtu, 01 Desember 2018

RED WINE CRANBERRY CHEESE LOG

kode iklan
kode iklan



The best way I like to soften cheese it to let it naturally come to room temperature by setting it on the counter for several hours. You can also soften in the microwave but I never seem to be as happy with the microwave results than I am with the other method.

I’ll let you in on a little secret for what I do if I have extra cranberry topping leftover. I always save it to put on top of ice cream and cake, and anything I can get my hands on later in the week. It’s sooo tasty! Sometimes I even purposely make a double batch to make sure I have leftovers to save. 

INGREDIENTS

  •  5 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
  •  1/2 cup red wine (I use Pinot Noir)
  •  1/3 cup sugar
  •  2 fresh sage leaves
  •  1-2 fresh thyme sprigs
  •  1 cinnamon stick
  •  1/8 teaspoon salt
  •  1/4 teaspoon allspice
  •  8 ounces goat cheese, softened
  •  assorted crackers


INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Add cranberries, wine, sugar and spices to a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally.
  2. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until very little liquid remains, about 12-15 minutes stirring occasionally.
  3. .......................................................................................................................
  4. ..............................................................................................................................
full recipe : tidymom.net



kode iklan