Senin, 03 Desember 2018

Butternut Squash Quinoa Casserole

kode iklan
kode iklan



Anyway, quinoa cooking and casserole dish prepped, I try to open the vodka sauce. I’m telling you, I tried. I banged the top against the counter. I used those grippy things. Ran the lid under hot water. It would.not.open. I think that was the universe telling me to give.it.up.

Either way, I recommend pre-roasting the butternut squash and then tossing the quinoa and vegetables together to bake. You can do that on the stove-top like this recipe, or oven-roast like this. Either way should take you about 15 minutes.

Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 6 cups cubed butternut squash
  • 1 cup uncooked quinoa + 2 cups water (3 cups cooked)
  • 2 cups corn
  • 1 15 oz can black beans (a little more than a cup), drained and rinsed
  • 1 tablespoon cumin
  • 1 lime , juiced
  • salt and pepper , to taste
  • 1 tomato (chopped)
  • 1 avocado (diced)
  • 2 cups cheddar cheese (non-dairy cheese if vegan)
  • Salsa or hot sauce (optional, for serving)


Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
  2. Roast the butternut squash with olive oil either in the oven (400°F for 15 minutes, further instructions can be found here) or on the stovetop (medium-high heat until soft, about 10-12 minutes like in this recipe).
  3. ...............................................................................................
  4. ........................................................................................................
full recipe : www.trialandeater.com



kode iklan